It’s fair to say that the Aprés Gel-X System revolutionized the nail industry when they hit the market in 2017. Since then, they’ve continued to improve their nail extensions based on customer feedback. In 2023, Aprés gave us Aprés Gel-X 2.0, improving the Gel-X experience yet again.
In today’s blog, we share what’s new with Aprés and how their Gel-X nail extensions just got even better.
Our Nail Expertise
Here’s why you can trust recommendations from NailsPlus:
- We are a family-owned team of nail and beauty experts with decades of experience in building customer-first experiences. We test each product that comes through our doors, and we stand behind the quality of each product we sell online and on our sales floor. We’re proud to be authorized distributors for several top nail brands, including Aprés Nail.
- Our focus on education puts us a step above our competition. We are deeply committed to providing resources to new and experienced nail professionals through our educational blog and in-store demos. We also stay up to date with nail industry news by educating ourselves on new products and attending the top nail trade shows.
- Finally, our reviews speak for themselves. We have a 4.9 rating on Google with hundreds of five-star reviews citing our strong customer service.
What is Aprés Gel-X?
Aprés Gel-X is the world’s first soft gel nail extension system. The soft gel tips are easy to apply and remove and save nail techs from the filing, dust, and odor associated with acrylic nails or hard gel extensions. Also, Aprés gel nail tips are much more durable than acrylic tips.
What makes this system so revolutionary is how easy it is to use. Gel-X nail extensions are applied directly to the natural nail with Extend Gel (instead of glue). When it’s time to remove the tips, they’re easily soaked off with acetone.
Aprés Gel-X tips are great for preserving the health of your natural nail. And, because they’re so light, they actually feel like your natural nail!
What is Aprés Gel-X 2.0 in 2023?
The new generation of Aprés Gel-X is fueled by industry research and customer feedback. They listened to the experiences of professional nail techs and at-home nail enthusiasts and then shaped Aprés Gel-X 2.0 to their feedback. Keep reading to find out what’s new.
Stronger Aprés Nails
The Aprés 2.0 Tips are reinforced at the tips for an even stronger, more durable nail. They’re also thinner at the cuticle end, which allows for less filling. Stronger nails and less filling are great developments for both the nail tech and the customer.
New Almond-Shaped Aprés Nails
Customers asked and Aprés answered: they now offer almond-shaped tips! The almond Gel-X extensions come in Natural or Sculpted varieties and are available in five sizes: extra-short, short, medium, long, and extra-long.
New Half Sizes Available
Aprés Gel-X extensions now include 4.5, 5.5, and 6.5 sizes, which makes it easier than ever to size and prep tips. With the inclusion of these new half sizes, you can create up to 50 full sets with just one box of Aprés Gel-X tips.
How do I use the new Aprés Gel-X tips?
The new Aprés Gel-X tips are applied in the same way as the old ones. But in case you need to refresh your memory, here’s a quick tutorial on how to apply them:
- Select a Gel-X tip that matches the size of your natural nail.
- Use an e-file to rough up the underside of the tip, creating texture so that the tip will adhere to the natural nail.
- After cleaning your natural nail, apply pH Bonder to the natural nail. Then, apply Non-Acidic Gel Primer to the natural nail.
- Apply Extend Gel to the natural nail and cure for 30-60 seconds.
- Apply Extend Gel to the inside of the underside of the Gel-X tip.
- Apply the Gel-X tip at a 45-degree angle to the base of the natural nail and gently press down and forward until the Extend Gel reaches the free edge of the natural nail. Cure for 30-60 seconds.
- Use a nail file to shape up the nails to your liking.
- Apply gel nail color.
We hope that you love your experience with the new Aprés Gel-X extensions. You can always count on Nails Plus for the latest in nail products and nail education!
Kim Phan, VP